Google Talk

Friday, April 24, 2009

ACL Surgery

On April 8 I had my ACL surgery, I was dreading this day for over a month. I tore my ACL at my last soccer game of the season. When I found out I had to have surgery, and there was no other option I "FLIPPED." Surgery was a last option, my parents said, but it seemed like it was the ONLY option. At first my first MRI showed I only had a slight tear, and a banged up minesus, but taking another one it showed a complete tear. I had to meet up with more than two different surgons the one at Kiaser said I didnt need to have surgery I could try wearing a sports brace, but that wasn't an option for my parent. The Kaiser doctor also said he wasn't going to do the surgery if I didn't want to. So it was a NO for the Kaiser doctor. Then we went to Tripler and right from the get go my parents decided there was where I'd get my surgery. They first tested my knew by bending and twisting my foot to see if there was any pain in my knee there was only little. But when her moved my whole left leg at an angle, it looked like my knee wasn't attached to my leg, they did it to my right leg to and thought at first there was another tear in the right one becuse how far it could go out. After a debate between two tripler surgons they said "yes she needs surgery." For the next couple of months I was in and out of the hospital, having to leave school early. Aunty Helen saying "why you leaving so much." It was a big hassel because, I knew all this time I was taking off and all the days I'd miss after surgery will take a toll on my credits. I had to go through, PT (physical therapy), check up, pre up, scheduling when to meet up with certain doctors who will be in the surgery room. All this dumb stuff, I had insane appointment times, like 6 in the morning to 9 at night. I hated how I'd have to get up just to stnd there and be there even though I didn't need to say or do anything. I tried as much as I could to go out as much as possible and go to the beach or walk around because I knew it would be along time till I could do anything of those things, plus summer would be comming soon so I know I'd be missing out on alot. Finally the BIG day was here I had to get up at aroud 4:30 AM becuase I had to get ready and all that fun stuff, I was going to be the first surgery of the day. I hated the fact that I was going to have to wait because, I much rather have liked to get in and immedatly go straight into surgery not waiting and have to think about how it's gonna be. I got lots of messages and tests because I told my friends to call and leave a BIG message saying they love me and how their gonna miss me and visit. When they put the IV in I didn't want to mive my arm for fear the needle would go in futher. I also after awhile had to pee so i made my mom take me into the bathroom and she had to stay inside till I was done. I started playing with the IV, like pulling the bag lowering so that blood would come out of the needle and mix in the tbe with the IV water. It was time for me to be given my first shot of medicine to make me sleeping in less tha 30 seconds. At first I couldn't feel anything and than my head had no control and it went limp, then it felt as if the room was spinning I started to laugh for no reason when they wheeled me into the surgery room. Then they moved me onto a cold and hard table which was the operating table. My mom stayed in the operating room through out the whole surgery, I was given the sleepy mask thing and I was out before the surgon said to count backwards. I was woken up in a different room with my mom holding my hand and soe other nurse to and a guy waking me up I tried beding my knee but it wasn't working. I was so uncomfortable and tired I was pissed he woke me up and said we need to see if you can eat so he gave me a popsicle which I ate at first than dropped o myself and went back to sleep. I woke up in post op room with other people in bed I ae a cracker and dank water than crashed again. I told my dad I had to pee real bad and he said we'll wait for the nurse to come back and your mom I waited which felt like forever but I couldn't hold it no more so I started getting up and I told my dad I have to pee now with my heavely bangaed and braced leg I put myself in the wheel chair right when I did my mom came back and she went with me to the bathroom. It was such a hassel becuase the bathroom was small and i couldn't bend my leg or put weight on it. After I changed in the bathroom it was time for me to go home. They didn't hav any wheelchairs with a leg thing so my dad had to lift my leg all the way down what a @#$*!# hassel. When we were outside waiting for my mom I thought I was gonna barf, even when we got to the stairs I had to puke again. Throughout the day I was getting texts and voicemails but I was too tired to answer them. Later in the day my chest, back and mouth was so sore. It was like that for the next two days. It was like that because of the tube that was in my mouth. It was so hard to eat and breath and laugh or move I felt like I was in hell. But my friends and boyfriend came over to keep me company. I got alot of had hand cards that made me happy. Cute camp pictures and stuff they wrote. Over all the surgery wasn't that bad but I woulnt want to ven to it again.


feki54 said...

Hope the healing process goes good and nobody hurts your knee...